Easy and Delicious Cheeseball
I have always loved to entertain people at our home. Since I am a busy mom and don’t have all the time in the world to be in the kitchen all day, many times I like to make dishes that involve little work and that I can make the night before. I have made this dish several times and always get compliments when I make it. I myself had this at a friend’s get together and altered it to my own recipe. So here you go, Pineapple Cranberry Almond Cheeseball!
I have made and served this dish at many gatherings, from summer BBQs to holiday parties. I typically pull this dish out as an appetizer before the main dishes are served to have a snack on the table until the main dishes are served. It is a dish that ALWAYS gets completely eaten up! Overall, it’s also a recipe that can be tailored to your own taste, you can add or take out ingredients if you like. So here you go!
PINEAPPLE CRANBERRY ALMOND CHEESEBALL
- (2) 8oz packages of cream cheese
- Package of sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 10 oz of crushed pineapple DRAINED! (Super important so you don’t have a soggy mess. Squeeze it dry I used half a can.)
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cup of pecans
- Sliced ham (optional)
- Diced green onion (optional)
1. In a big bowl, add softened cream cheese. If cheese is rock hard, leave it on the countertop for a while or soften in microwave for 10 seconds or less, out of the aluminum wrap.
2. Add drained, crushed pineapple. Make sure pineapple is dry! The less juice the better too much juice can make it hard to work with. Fold into cream cheese.
3. Add powdered sugar, cranberries and pecans. At this point you can add green onions and/or sliced ham if you like. I have made it with and without ham depending if I know there are vegetarians being served. Mix all ingredients well.
4. In a serving dish, make a giant ball from the mix and place in the middle of dish. Place the sliced almonds all over the ball. Sliced almonds will naturally stick to the mixture.
5. Refrigerate for an hour, covered. Dish is ready to serve when chilled.