Thursdays are my late nights during the week. My husband is an instrucor and teaches so when he comes home on Thursdays, he is super hungry! More than normal. This is usually the time when I try to cook healthy, but also cook hearty since I know I’m feeding a hungry man who is having dinner at 9:30pm. I wanted to make a quick meal but I also was craving something creamy and lemony. I decided to make a garlic, creamy lemon shrimp pasta. It was a hit! Both my husband and his mini me ate every bite on their plate, so I wanted to share this easy to make recipe with you. Enjoy! ☺️
Garlic Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Author: Life of a Cherry Wife
Skill Level: Easy
Serving: Serves 4
- 1 package frozen shrimp
- 2oz cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 can corn
- 3 cloves diced or minced garlic
- 1/3 shallot diced
- 1 Lemon- zest and lemon itself
- 1 tomato- I used Roma
- Shredded cheese (any kind, for topping)
- Bacon bits (optional, for topping)
- Spices: salt, lemon pepper, parsley, oregano, onion powder, paprika (all to taste).
The following were frozen (if you have fresh, you can use too)
1. Get a skillet and a pot for the package of pasta. I used linguini, but you can use any kind.
2. Fill the pot with water and set to boil. Add pasta and cook until done.
3. Heat skillet to med/med high and add about 3 tablespoons of butter, a good coating for the skillet. Add minced/diced garlic and diced shallot. Heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the bag of frozen peeled shrimp, diced red bell pepper, diced tomato, broccoli, asparagus, half can of corn and lemon zest.
4. Cook about 7 minutes, until shrimp is no longer see through.
5. Add heavy whipping cream, I eyeballed it. Probably half a cup and 2 tablespoons of cream cheese. You can add more or less depending on how creamy you like it. Add juice from 1/2 lemon. Keep the other half of the lemon and cut that in half and serve with the plate (as pictured). Add all spices to taste.
6. Cook for another 7 minutes, until everything is nice and warm and mixed evenly.
7. Check your pasta, drain, I like to add a teaspoon of butter to the pasta.
8. Top plate with shredded cheese and bacon bits. Serve and eat. Enjoy your shrimp pasta! ☺️🍤🍽💓